Position Title: Community Engagement Intern
Position Overview: This internship will provide firsthand experience in the non-profit sector working in the field of prevention education and advocacy. SADD National is a respected organization focused on empowering youth to make a change among their peer groups, with a particular focus on traffic safety, substance use, mental health & wellness, and more.
Hours: Completely remote opportunity. Flexible hours. At least 10 hours per week, up to 40 hours per week.
Application Period: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis for Spring, Summer, and Fall semesters. Internships may begin at any time. Interns are expected to complete at least a full semester of work but may continue for multiple internships. Please indicate in your cover letter your intended semester start and end dates and for which regional position you are applying.
Compensation: Unpaid. Eligible for college or course credit and/or volunteer hours. Experience may be used on future resumes and for reference purposes.
Reports To: The Ohio SADD Intern(s) will report directly to the Ohio SADD State Coordinator.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Developing connections and partnerships:
- Researching potential new partners and organizations that would elevate the opportunity for SADD to provide programming in Ohio.
- Calling or emailing prospective new or established partners (school districts, driving schools, clubs, teen organizations, etc.) to offer free programming opportunities or initiatives by OH SADD.
- Marketing on behalf of the Ohio Speakers Bureau to offer FREE virtual programming opportunities to students.
- Working with partners to develop local educational programs or opportunities.
- Following up after programming is completed to obtain surveys and offer additional support.
Engaging on social media platforms:
- Advocating for health & safety utilizing the platforms to highlight areas for change, bringing in new advocates.
- Developing content to be shared on OH SADD platforms.
- Designing appealing graphics and promotional materials for use on various platforms.
- Keeping an active presence on social platform stories.
- Creating authentic interactions with followers (liking, commenting, etc.).
- Promoting the OH SADD brand and opportunities to like-minded organizations, creating new partnerships.
Educating & influencing peers:
- Developing and administering prevention programming via online platforms, with oversight from OH SADD Coordinator.
- Investigating new and unique ways for programming to be completed virtually.
- Working on advocacy projects from SADD National as applicable.
Handling administrative tasks:
- Responding to requests for presentations.
- Keeping accurate records of presentations, attendees, and scheduling.
Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a student in Ohio enrolled in a two or four-year college, vocational school, or training program.
- Must be in good academic standing and can balance taking on this position without interfering with academic studies.
- Experience or coursework in education, public affairs, business, social media management, and/or marketing are a plus, although not required.
- Access and ability to use personal technology (laptop/tablet, smartphone, stable internet connection) are required.
- Knowledge of basic office skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PPT) & Google (Docs, Sheets, Slides) software.
- Willingness to use personal images, video, and connections in the work assigned, particularly on social media.
- Ability to work independently, manage time appropriately, keep track of hours worked honestly, and connect with others genuinely.
- Is comfortable taking direction and asking questions.
- Open to new ideas and exploring opportunities.
Apply: Please submit your application here with a resume and explain your desire in taking on this internship.
NOTE: Positions are regional in NW, NE, Central, SW, and SE Ohio (students do not need to be located in the specific cities listed)
Questions: For all inquiries about this opportunity, please contact Carol Lucio at firstname.lastname@example.org