What’s the Opportunity:
Royal Media is seeking business reporters to join its air cargo, automotive finance and fintech units. Working remotely with teams based across the United States, you will be expected to report and write news and features, edit, engage with our community online and take an active role in our industry events.
Our business centers on three dynamic sectors: air cargo, automotive finance and fintech or banking technology. Each is innovating in wildly compelling ways. We engage in “personal” journalism, in that we operate in extremely close proximity to our markets and our communities. We expect you to have a passion for that “personal” business journalism, and to help us get even better and even closer to our markets.
Who We Are:
Royal Media is a focused business media company that produces content and market intelligence that is on par with The New York Times and Bloombergs of the world. Our mission is to deliver deep market knowledge to dynamic industries through online news sites, e-newsletters, conferences and custom media, and to do so with great passion and expertise. We were founded in 1995 and one of the hallmarks of our company — in addition to an exceptional team of reporters, editors and content professionals — is that we are constantly iterating on the business media model in exciting and novel ways. But at the DNA level, we aim to produce superlative, intelligent, engaging content to our clients, and that means we do not just spit back facts, but seek to understand how market conditions are — and will — evolve. Royal has won several awards for its work.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Report and write news stories
- Participate in creative and meaningful editorial projects that not just inform and engage our readers, but win journalism awards
- Adhere to our standards of editorial quality, so that your articles or the event in which you participate matches the expectations that are now synonymous in our markets with the Royal Media brand
- Execute our social media editorial strategy that continuously expands our scope, reach, influence and brand recognition
- Participate in copy editing so that you are not just writing, but engaging with our content in the interest of continuous product improvement
You’ll Need To Have:
- Journalism experience
- Excellent verbal, editing and writing skills
- A willingness for hands-on editorial work
- An ability to understand complex business industries and/or technology
- The ability to work well with and source senior executives, top business leaders and newsmakers.
- The ability and flexibility to multitask, prioritize and organize multiple projects/tasks concurrently while meeting required deadlines
Does This Sound Like You?
If so, apply today. We offer a competitive salary; a robust benefits package that includes a great work environment and culture; performance incentives; health/dental/vision/401k; the chance to travel; and a profound opportunity for personal and professional growth. This is where your vision for an exceptional content operation can be realized.
To apply, please send a cover letter that includes how you would approach the reporter job, your resumé and writing clips. Royal is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V.