Location: Urbana, OH
Rittal manufactures the world’s leading industrial and IT enclosures, racks, and accessories, including high efficiency, high-density climate control, and power management systems for industrial, data center, outdoor and hybrid applications. Rittal’s off-the-shelf standard, modified standard, and custom-engineered products are known throughout the world as high quality, affordable solutions for practically any industrial or IT infrastructure application – from single enclosures to comprehensive systems.
As the Employee Health & Safety (EHS) Specialist, you will implement health and safety policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and organization policies. Perform safety audits and inspections to find potential hazards and take corrective actions where issues arise. Deliver training to new and current employees on hazardous material safety, industrial hygiene, and emergency response procedures. Investigate accidents and incidents to determine what caused them and take steps to prevent them in the future. Ensure incident reports and findings are accurate and entered into the system. May be responsible for reporting incidents to workers compensation employee or vendor. Will need to be open to working on off shifts (2nd & 3rd) as needed.
- Ensure all environmental, health, and safety regulations are met for equipment, machinery, and facility to mitigate risk across the plant.
- Assist in developing and implementing local, state, and federal compliant EHS initiatives.
- Advance and engage all levels of employees in Rittal’s safety programs and initiatives.
- Create and maintain all EHS records including OSHA log and environmental reporting to comply with all legal requirements.
- Lead any investigations of accidents or injuries to find the reason for the incident and manage the Workers’ Compensation process.
- Conduct periodic internal safety audits and regulatory inspections of the facility to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal requirements.
- Assist with the creation of processes and procedures for all safety requirements.
- Provide guidance to employees on EHS practices and regulations.
- Train employees on all necessary EHS programs, policies, and procedures. Conduct new hire orientation for EHS
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience:
- A degree in safety, ergonomics, industrial hygiene, or related degree is preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 0 to 3 years (minimum) of related experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of Workers Compensation.
- Ability to communicate to all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of OSHA (and/or state) standards.
- Proficient with MS Office.
- Advanced skills in PowerPoint.
Benefits are available on the 1st of the MONTH!