Who we are:
Rescuing Leftover Cuisine (RLC) is a 501(c)3 food rescue organization that links available food to organizations who need it at no cost to the recipient through our network of volunteer “Rescuers” and our food rescue app. RLC’s Rhode Island branch (RLCRI) is seeking a passionate intern who is committed to social, environmental and local action. This is an opportunity to develop and strengthen valuable skills while making a real and sustainable impact in Rhode Island.
What you’ll do:
RLCRI is seeking an Outreach Intern to assist in recruiting and onboarding new Food Donor Partners, Recipients and Volunteers throughout Rhode Island. You will be working primarily with Dana Siles, New England Coordinator for RLC.
- Brainstorm and act on effective recruiting tactics for Volunteers, Recipients & Donors
- Research & initiate recruitment of volunteers
- Research & initiate correspondence with potential food donor partners & food recipients
- Follow up on existing correspondences
- Other related tasks as assigned
Skills & Qualifications:
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), Google drive, docs & forms, Salesforce and Mailchimp
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
- Strong organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize, self-start and work independently without supervision
This is a part-time, unpaid internship. Interns are expected to work about 4-10 hours per week (TBD based on your schedule flexibility). Intern will collaborate with Dana Siles, RLC New England Coordinator. RLCRI is happy to provide any documentation needed for students to receive internship credit for their university/college program.
Please email resume and 1-page cover letter directly from your email address (not via this web site) to Dana@RescuingLeftoverCuisine.org