Who we are:
Rescuing Leftover Cuisine (RLC) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit food rescue organization that links available food to organizations who need it at no cost to the recipient through our network of volunteer “Rescuers” and our food rescue app. Rescuing Leftover Cuisine Massachusetts has rescued over half a million pounds of food. Now RLC is crossing the state line and preparing to launch Rescuing Leftover Cuisine Rhode Island (RLCRI). We are seeking a dedicated, passionate intern who is committed to social, environmental and local action. This is an opportunity to develop valuable new skills while making a real and sustainable impact in Rhode Island.
What you’ll do:
Rescuing Leftover Cuisine Rhode Island is seeking a fundraising intern to assist in reaching out to different companies and individuals for sponsorships, planning a fundraising campaign and help applying for grants. You will be working primarily with our volunteer Fundraising Committee.
- Encourage fundraising and corporate sponsorships
- Initiate creative fundraising mediums
- Plan a fundraising campaign for social media
- Research and write grant proposals to submit before deadline
- Coordinate with existing food donor partners and supporters for fundraising campaigns on behalf of their business supporting both their business and RLC
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Passionate about preventing wasted food; providing Food Justice for homeless and low-income people; and preserving the environment.
- Strong organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), Google drive, docs & forms and Salesforce
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize, and work independently without supervision
Although this is technically an unpaid internship, we are happy to offer a reimbursement of 5% of money raised (by you) to fund your internship. Interns are expected to work about 4-6 hours per week (TBD based on your schedule flexibility). Intern will collaborate with Dana Siles, RLC New England Coordinator. RLCRI is happy to provide any documentation needed for students to receive internship credit for their university/college program.
Please email resume and 1-page cover letter directly from your email address (not via this web site) to Dana@RescuingLeftoverCuisine.org