ReGeneration Schools is a nonprofit school management organization that revitalizes schools through a college prep and character mission: We manage three K-8 campuses of Chicago International Charter Schools on the South Side of Chicago – CICS Avalon, CICS Basil, and CICS Washington Park – and opened our first school in Cincinnati, OH, in fall 2019. ReGeneration currently serves over 1,600 low-income students, with 93% identifying as African American.
We are seeking full-time Middle School Reading/Writing Teachers to join our team for the 2021-2022 school year. These individuals will have superior content knowledge and a proven track record of providing excellent learning experiences that deepen students’ understanding of multiple literacy concepts. These individuals will also collaborate with classroom teachers in planning units that are aligned with the Common Core academic standards.
- Believes low-income students can become college and career ready.
- High expectations for personal and team performance.
- Flexible to changing priorities and conditions.
- Demonstrate initiative and creativity.
- Communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate mastery of academic subjects and behavioral interventions.
- 1-5 years of teaching experience in an urban setting.
- Valid State Certification (IL Type 03, IL Type 09, or Provisional license) with an endorsement in Middle School Language Arts preferred by not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required (submit a copy of an unofficial transcript with application).
- Design and implement curricula and activities to meet academic standards.
- Design, implement and use informal and formal assessments to measure the progress of students.
- Use data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices.
- Work collaboratively with school team to determine instructional and social needs of students that ensure success, and promote students’ well-being.
- Collaborate with fellow teachers to create a friendly and safe environment demonstrating shared responsibility for achievement.
- Adhere to and support all school policies to enforce school core values, high expectations, and a strict code of conduct.
- Set and attain ambitious student achievement and social-emotional benchmarks.
- Model and encourage appropriate student behavior (i.e. grit, self-control, social intelligence, optimism, and curiosity).
- Work with school team to constantly evaluate and improve mastery of instructional, culture building, and leadership skills.
- Maintain a classroom that demonstrates discipline, order, and rigor.
- Ensure that all students graduate ready for the next academic level.
- Reflect critically on teaching practice and implement improvement strategies as needed.
- Participate in mandatory summer orientation (3 weeks) and training.
- Other duties as assigned.
Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits (based on education and experience).
ReGeneration is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability.