About Reclaim Childhood
Reclaim Childhood is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that seeks to empower refugee and local girls and women in Jordan through sport and play. We operate regular after-school sports programming and summer camp for girls ages 6-18, teen leadership programming, and coaching clinics for local adult women.
RC’s mission is to create safe and inclusive spaces for refugee and local girls in Jordan to thrive by playing sports, working with coaches, and building community. It works towards this through three objectives: First, to provide a safe space where participants can just be kids. Second, to connect communities that otherwise may not interact – refugees and Jordanians alike. Third, to empower and inspire young women, by employing the positive impact of sport and play and by providing strong female role models as coaches.
Since 2017, RC has increased its fundraising by 300%, doubled the number of participants in its programs, and expanded its program hours and offerings. The organization is currently finalizing its first strategic planning process and will be implementing the first stages throughout 2021/2022.
General Position Summary
The Development and Operations Associate will support Reclaim Childhood in its next stage of organizational growth. Working closely with the Executive Director, the Associate will be responsible for increasing the organization’s fundraising capacity by managing funding relationships and communications with a variety of stakeholders. In addition, the Associate will provide operations support to both US- and Jordan-based staff.
The successful candidate will have the ability to track, manage, and prioritize effectively while working on multiple projects. The desire to work in a small team/start-up environment where all team members contribute where needed. Reclaim Childhood is a growing and dynamic organization, and this role is an opportunity to contribute immediately.
Primary Position Responsibilities
The approximate breakdown of responsibilities for this position is as follows:
• Design fundraising strategy in partnership with Executive Director and Board of Directors
• Track donations and manage donor communications
• Manage undergraduate outreach, including Goals for Girls fundraising campaign and intern recruitment
• Support the organization’s Junior Board and Board of Directors in fundraising activities
• Identify and contribute to grant opportunities
• Cultivate and grow support from existing donors while creatively identifying new fundraising opportunities
• Communicate program outcomes to organization stakeholders
• Support Jordan programming team with monitoring and evaluation and grant reporting
• Manage social media and communications operations for the organization
• Maintain all state and international registrations
• Assist in the daily operations of the organization as needed
• Bachelor’s degree and at least 1-3 years of work experience preferred
• Past nonprofit work preferred
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Strong attention to detail and follow-through
• Proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point required, Photoshop preferred
• Familiarity with Arabic preferred but not required
• Passion for the organization’s mission
Time and Compensation
The Development and Operations Associate is a full-time exempt position with a target start date in August/September 2021, reporting to the Executive Director. RC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The salary range for this position is $43,000-$50,000, commensurate with the candidate’s experience. The position also includes a health care stipend, generous vacation time, opportunities for travel to Jordan, and a flexible office schedule.
Interested candidates should submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume through Handshake or to Anna Barrett, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 26th. Applicants are encouraged to apply sooner. To help us in our process, please put “Development and Operations Associate” in the subject line.