Enjoy the excitement of working in event planning, PR & social media company with Rebecca Adele PR & Events. RA focuses on a variety of services for several clients in various industries. If you’re looking for a true mentoring experience to gain real hands-on training in the fields of event planning, social media and public relations, this is the perfect opportunity.
Our internship program started in 2013 and offers a comprehensive well-rounded program that will leave you with a fun and beneficial internship experience. Within our program, we offer internships year round. Each semester we take on four new interns.
While interning at Rebecca Adele PR & Events you will gain the following experience:
– Press Release Writing
– Media Pitching
– Helping plan a series of Etsy/Pinterest art shows all over Ohio (Avant-Garde Art & Craft Shows)
– Expansion and research for new market opportunities
– Social Media
– Brainstorming for Clients
– Working in various industries including: non-profit, for profit, music, consumer goods, arts and entertainment!
For those looking for flexibility while also gaining real-world experience, Rebecca Adele PR & Events is just the fit! Please note that this internship is 50% on-site (for client events) and 50% remote (for weekly written assignments).
On-site works includes working events throughout the year (4-6 events on average per semester), training for event coordination, as well as prepping for events and meetings.
The remote portion of this internship will help to beef up your writing and resume and includes: blog writing, social media management, public relations and social media writing. Weekly Zoom intern meetings are also part of the remote portion of the internship.
In general, the structure of this program allows interns to experience hands on learning, real mentorship from the direct business owner, as well as allowing growth for independent learning and time management by working remotely for a portion of the internship.
This particular internship is non-paying, but class credit is an option. The internship also requires two-days a week for the remote portion, and a few weekends each semester for the in-person events on site. Event training and prep is always done on site and is scheduled to take place on what would be your normal remote days (instead you would come into office these days). Please note that our office is a home office setup, but is structured so you will be able to train here when needed.
Get the most out of your internship, you won’t be the one to go get coffee, you’ll be the one getting actual experience! Looking forward to having you!
As part of this internship, candidates can expect work on the following:
– Social Media plans for clients
– Press Releases for clients
– Initial event planning for clients
– Day-of on site event logistics for clients
– Participating in our intern lead capstone project company (CLE Cotton Candy)
– Maintaining a blog presence for Rebecca Adele PR & Events
– Managing Rebecca Adele PR & Events Social Media
– Research for clients
– Administrative Duties (don’t worry we won’t have you answering phones!)
– Brainstorm sessions for clients
Required level of education:
– Great writing skills
– Public Relations/Press Release Writing
– Knowledge of Microsoft Word
– Some working knowledge of social media channels including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, HootSuite, Sprout Social
– Passion for the arts
– Passion for social media and event planning
– Outgoing attitude
– Photoshop skills (not required but a bonus)
– WordPress or Blogger skills (not required but a bonus)
– Desire to learn about the industry
– Ability to bring your own laptop to and from the internship
– Great sense of humor and creative thinking skills!