Are you looking for a fun internship that allows you to to be entrepreneurial while learning hands-on how to run a business from start to finish? Love event planning or participating in events? Is social media your jam? Then read on!
C • L • E Cotton Candy is a locally owned and operated gourmet cotton candy company. With flavors ranging from strawberries and champagne to birthday cake, gourmet cotton candy is not only delicious, but is also a super fun business to be a part of!
Owned and operated by Rebecca Adele PR & Events and in conjunction with the Avant-Garde Art & Craft Shows, we are expanding this year into more events and need your help!
We are currently looking for interns for all year round, so when applying please let us know your date range availability and/or what semester you are interested in. We are located in Solon, OH and all events are local to the Cleveland/Akron area.
Please make sure when applying that you will be physically here in the Cleveland area to work. AKA if you go to school out of town but come home for summer, then summer would be for you. Everyone else, any date range or semester would work!
At C • L • E Cotton Candy we are looking for interns who are interested in event execution, retail, entrepreneurship, communications, social media, and business (to name a few!) If one or all of these describes you, then this could be a match made in sweet heaven! Oh, and of course outgoing and works well in a retail/sales environment!
We are currently looking for interns who will perform the following tasks:
- Work local farmer’s markets spinning gourmet cotton candy on site (events will be split up among interns, but expect to work at least 1 shift on the weekends per month starting in April. Some farmer’s markets will continue on past September, but busy season is summer/early fall.)
- Post live on social media while at events (Content includes status updates and stories on Facebook and Instagram. The more creative and on-brand, the better)
- Take photos of our happy customers posing and smiling with their delicious treats and our branded signs. Share these on social media and put them into our Dropbox for marketing purposes.
- Pre-spin pre-packaged containers of ready-to-go cotton candy leading up to the events (this will require you to come into office (located in Solon) approximately once a week (again this will be divided among all interns.)
- Photoshoots! We constantly come up with new flavors and need new creative content for our social media. Expect at least once a month to do product photoshoots, where you are the creative director. You’ll stage, design and shoot new content for us to use on our social media!
- Work local events we sign up for including but not limited to (parties, weddings, art shows, festivals, farmer’s markets and more!) At events you will be responsible for working the booth, collecting payment, posting on social media, taking pictures of the event, cleaning up following the event etc. Again, for events, plan to work at least 1 day a weekend during your internship period. Early mornings are a must as farmer’s markets open early. Late evenings may also pop-up from time to time if working a corporate or wedding event.
So, you in? If so, we look forward to hearing you!
PS Did we mention our “uniform” is heart shaped sunglasses for outdoor events and crystal quartz crowns for indoor events? If that doesn’t make you want to apply, we don’t know what else will!
VISIT US AT: