Enjoy the excitement of working with a start up event planning art show line! The Avant-Garde Art & Craft Shows put on over 30 handmade Etsy/Pinterest inspired art and craft shows in the midwest year-round and were founded in 2011. If you’re looking to gain real hands-on training in the field of event planning and in the arts, this is the perfect opportunity.
Our internship program started in 2013 and offers a comprehensive well-rounded program that will leave you with a fun and beneficial internship experience. Within our program, we offer internships year round.
While interning at the Avant-Garde Art & Craft Shows you will gain the following experience:
– Press Release Writing for Events
– Helping plan a series of Etsy/Pinterest art shows all over Ohio and Pittsburgh
– Social Media for the art shows
– Day of event execution for various art show events
For those looking for flexibility while also gaining real-world experience, Rebecca Adele PR & Events is just the fit! Please note that this internship is 50% on-site (for client events) and 50% remote (for weekly written assignments).
On-site works includes working events throughout the year (4-6 events on average per semester), training for event coordination, as well as prepping for events and meetings.
The remote portion of this internship will help to beef up your writing and resume and includes: blog writing, social media management, public relations and social media writing. Weekly Zoom intern meetings are also part of the remote portion of the internship.
In general, the structure of this program allows interns to experience hands on learning, real mentorship from the direct business owner, as well as allowing growth for independent learning and time management by working remotely for a portion of the internship.
This particular internship is non-paying, but class credit is an option. The internship also requires two-days a week for the remote portion, and a few weekends each semester for the in-person events on site. Event training and prep is always done on site and is scheduled to take place on what would be your normal remote days (instead you would come into office these days). Please note that our office is a home office setup, but is structured so you will be able to train here when needed.
Get the most out of your internship, you won’t be the one to go get coffee, you’ll be the one getting actual experience! Looking forward to having you!
As part of this internship, candidates can expect work on the following:
– Social Media plans for the events
– Press Releases for the events
– Initial event planning for the events
– Day-of on site event logistics for the events
– Maintaining a blog presence for the events
Required level of education
– Knowledge of Microsoft Word
– Some working knowledge of social media channels including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, HootSuite, Sprout Social
– Passion for the arts
– Passion for social media and event planning
– Outgoing attitude
– Participating in our intern lead capstone project company also on site at our events (CLE Cotton Candy)
– WordPress or Blogger skills (not required but a bonus)
– Desire to learn about the industry
– Ability to bring your own laptop to and from the internship
– Great sense of humor and creative thinking skills!
– Open weekends to work events
About Rebecca Adele PR & Events LLC & Avant-Garde Art & Craft Shows
Launched in June of 2011, the Avant-Garde Art & Craft Shows are a series of art and craft events that are held throughout the mid-west year-round. Each event showcases local handmade artisans and crafters, drawing attention to the amazing eclectic talent located in the area! A portion of all proceeds from each Avant-Garde branded event is donated to a local charity within the community of where the shows are held. The Avant-Garde Art & Craft Shows are also recognized by the Better Business Bureau as an accredited organization.