Patient Service Representative
Start your career with Quantum Health a growing company with opportunities for advancement! Patient Service Representatives (PSRs) have been promoted into roles within Operations Leadership, Client Engagement, Information Technology, and Human Resources.
PSRs are Healthcare Warriors; they are helpers, researchers, collaborators, investigators, problem solvers and subject matter experts in health benefits navigation. They provide guidance and advocacy services for clients, and work as a conduit between members and service providers to assist them through the complicated task of untangling the web that is healthcare. They must possess a unique combination of skills that include critical thinking, tech savviness, agility, empathy, listening, and strong verbal and written communication skills. This includes the ability to breakdown complex situations and communicate them in easily understandable terms. They must be intuitive and enjoy the thrill of solving intricate puzzles, as well as, have a passion for understanding and helping others through their unchosen healthcare journey is essential.
- Provide exceptional customer service through inbound/outbound calls.
- Offering empathetic and individualized member guidance, work can include verifying benefits; creating authorizations for treatment based on the members’ health plan.
- Asking probing questions to recognize addition needs, including those beyond their healthcare benefits and providing additional resources/solutions.
- Acting as advocates for our members by communicating with network liaisons, medical and finance staff at hospitals and physicians’ offices as an advocate for our members; Investigating billing discrepancies and claim issues.
- Work in close collaboration with Quantum Health nursing/medical staff and identify when member should be connected with a QH nurse.
- PSRs must be highly accountable by following-up and following-through to ensure our members’ needs are met. The Quantum term for this is “Stick With Them”
Did we mention our casual dress code and free snacks?
PSRs participate in a three-week classroom training program, where they have requisite reading and homework: Monday – Friday from 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM. They are then required to pass a comprehensive assessment prior to moving into a three-week cultivation period. During cultivation, PSRs take live member and provider calls and begin solving member issues under very close supervision. At the conclusion of cultivation, PSRs are required to pass a final assessment.
Upon successful completion, they are assigned to a Pod, and shift is assigned within hours of 10:00 AM – 10:00 PM Monday – Friday as business needs dictate
- High school diploma or equivalent, college degree in Business, Healthcare, Arts and Sciences or other comparable areas of study is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong desire to help others and caring attitude
- Attentive and good listener
- Strong customer service skills
- Able to remain in one set location for long periods of time
- Protect and take care of our company and member’s data every day by committing to work within our company ethics and policies
- All job offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check