Analyze and report in vitro and in vivo biotransformation studies, with focus on analytical method development, metabolite profiling, and reporting. Collaborate with senior staff regarding study execution as it relates to timelines, data quality, and interpretation of results.
- Perform tasks associated with in vitro and in vivo metabolite ID studies.
- Prepare samples and conduct data processing of the results, troubleshoot and solve problems in the analyses.
- Compile, analyze and prepare data, write protocols and reports.
- Under supervision, develop and/or implement analytical methods for analysis of drug metabolites, conduct metabolic profiling, and collect appropriate MS and MS/MS data for determination of metabolite structures and associated pathways, using appropriate level of regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for delivery of results in accordance with the project time schedule.
- Conduct ordinary laboratory maintenance and service/maintenance of instruments, fault-trace, adjust, calibrate and evaluate the functioning of the equipment.
- Provide guidance to lower level and new staff as required.
Minimum required education and experience
- Masters Degree in chemistry, biochemistry, or biology or related field with at least 2 years; Doctorate degree is considered.
- Drug metabolism or Biotransformation knowledge is preferred.
- Candidates with more experience will be considered for Senior Scientist position
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Basic knowledge of laboratory equipment and instrumentation, with particular focus on instrument use and maintenance.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to implement good laboratory practices and other standards within area of responsibility.
- Good documentation skills.
- Ability to manage and maintain complete and accurate records of experiments.
- Good organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work against milestones or goals.
- Basic computer skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Knowledge and implementation of safe laboratory practices.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.