Project REBUILD, Inc. operates YouthBuild Greater Stark County with a mission to re-engage young adults to create pathways to academic, professional, and leadership opportunities while providing them with the skills and support to set them up for lifelong success. It offers young people between the ages of 16-24 work readiness training using hands-on lessons and academic instruction leading to a high school diploma. The comprehensive program also includes leadership development, community service, case management, workforce development, life skills curriculum, mentoring, and post-program support.
This AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) position is a full-time 12-month assignment based in Canton, Ohio. The focus will be on developing projects that will enhance the long-term sustainability of our YouthBuild program. Specifically, the VISTA member will have two goals – (1) create a comprehensive policy and procedures manual for both staff and members and (2) work with other YouthBuild programs in Ohio to determine interest and create a plan for an Ohio Coalition of YouthBuild programs.
- Minimum of two years of post-secondary education
- Strong commitment to the program and helping young people succeed
- Embody a strong “Spirit of Service” with a desire to build the capacity of the organization so it can engage with the community, serve those in need, and make a lasting difference in the lives of others
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to plan effectively, proper time management, maintaining an orderly work environment, knowing how to coordinate and collaborate within a team, the ability to lead a meeting, being adept at following instructions, problem-identification and resolution, goal-setting, the ability to meet deadlines, and multitasking
- Proficient and comfortable with the use of Microsoft and Google products
- The ability to understand others, interpret their communication, both verbal and nonverbal, empathize with their feelings, and respond appropriately
- Must be eligible to work in the United States and provide necessary documentation legally
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check, including an FBI Background Check, which includes fingerprinting
- Must accept and agree to abide by the organization’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy
- If the position requires driving organization-owned vehicles, you must have a valid driver’s license and meet safe driver criteria established by the organization and our insurance company
- Living Allowance: Receive a modest bi-weekly living allowance to cover basic expenses. The living allowance for Canton, Ohio, is $13,399 per year, paid in bi-weekly installments of $513 (both amounts are pre-tax).
- Relocation Allowance: If you move 50+ miles from your home to a new community, you receive relocation travel assistance and a settling-in allowance.
- End of Service Award: Choose between a Segal Education Award ($6,195) to pay for a range of education expenses or a cash stipend ($1,800).
- Healthcare Benefit: Choose between reimbursement for healthcare or a healthcare plan. Dental and vision are included.
- Non-Competitive Eligibility (NCE): NCE is a unique hiring path that makes it easier for federal agencies to hire you.
- Professional Development Training: Attend in-person and virtual professional development opportunities throughout the year.
- Child Care: You may be eligible to receive a child care benefit if you have children under 13.
Learn more about:
Apply: Use this link to apply - https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?fromSearch=true&id=94268
Project REBUILD, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, expression or identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Project REBUILD complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we have facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.