Corporate Accountant-JOB DESCRIPTION
The Accountant I is responsible for, but not limited to, preparing monthly and quarterly journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and accuracy of Intercompany activity. The position will be responsible for daily, monthly and quarterly activities to ensure that company books and records are accurate.
· Prepare monthly journal entries reviewing the general ledger for accuracy and proper recording of transactions.
· Prepares required monthly and quarterly balance sheet reconciliations researching any variances, out-of-date transactions, other issues as they arise as part of month-end ledger close.
· Monitors and reconciles the Intercompany accounts ensuring proper balancing between entities.
· Responds to business unit questions regarding accounting policies or implications and provides guidance and support to Regal finance teams.
· Provides data as requested to internal and external auditors for the corporate accounting group.
· Works with corporate accounting team to streamline and improve current accounting processes to facilitate the month end close and reconciliation processes.
· Performs tasks in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Required Education / Experience / Skills:
· B.S. in Accounting, Finance or related field.
· CPA candidate or MBA preferred
· Up to 2+ years of increasingly responsible accounting experience
· Public Accounting experience and/or Manufacturing experience desired
· Strong knowledge of GAAP
· Excellent verbal and written skills
· Blackline and Hyperion experience desired
· Oracle experience, and/or Systems implementation experience a plus