· Work to learn, and establish rapport with customers.
· Provide appropriate, timely, and regular communications to customer and internal key stakeholders regarding customer and equipment issues.
· Demonstrate a sense of urgency to identify and assist in identification and resolution of customer issues. Follow the appropriate escalation process.
· Provide exceptional customer service by adhering to customer entitlements, setting clear expectations, meeting commitments and arrival times. Begins to gain understanding of customer’s business and competitive environment.
· Generate revenue growth by offering solutions aligned with service portfolio.
· Adopts best practices.
· Proactively schedules activities & makes him/herself available to assist others.
· Seeks out opportunities to increase capability and capacity (i.e. may be required to become qualified in multiple modalities, learns new tools).
· Actively participates as a member of regional work team.
· Operate under the required knowledge of State and Federal regulatory requirements. Adheres to established training, quality, and safety requirements.
· Manages company assets effectively in accordance with established Philips processes and guidelines including labor time, parts ordering and returns, tools and test equipment calibration, purchase orders, equipment, company vehicles, business expenditures, etc.
· Performs all administrative duties within established Philips and regulatory timeframes including timesheets, service work orders, expense reports, Field Change Orders, preventative maintenance, installation documents, site and service documentation, and other related paperwork.
· Must be qualified and perform work in at least one modality. May be asked to become qualified in and perform work in multiple modalities. Maintains knowledge of technical advances and current industry trends. Seeks out formal and informal training opportunities.
· Assist in service call process and progress to the ability to resolve customer issues independently.
· Assist in the completion of PMs and FCOs and progress to successfully completing all related tasks independently.
· Assist in the diagnosis and resolution of electronic, network, and mechanical problems with minimal assistance.
· Utilize tools, support, resources and escalation processes within required time frames to resolve customer and system problems timely and effectively.
· May be asked to perform service work remotely providing telephone, remote technical support, and remote diagnostics to external healthcare customers and field partners in order to resolve customer equipment issues and initiate escalation, if appropriate.
Job Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience Requirements
· Associate Degree in electronics or equivalent combination of education and experience in the electronics industry, preferably in a field service environment.
· Prefer BSEE/BSEET/BSME/BSMET.
· Knowledge of computers and networking.
· Have and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record that is in compliance with Philips’ Fleet Policy.
· Understand and apply electronic, mechanical and networking theory to install, diagnose and repair equipment including knowledge and use of all necessary tools and test equipment. Understanding of mechanical theory preferred.
· Experience with diagnostic imaging equipment preferred.
· Strong organizational skills, self-disciplined and the ability to work independently.
· Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of employees and customers both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to effectively operate in a team driven environment to achieve assigned goals and objectives.
· Ability to adapt to changing work requirements in a complex, fast pace environment.
· Understand and utilize technical vocabulary to perform tasks according to either verbal or written instructions.
· Ability to read and interpret schematics and site drawings with minimal assistance.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
· Job operates in the hospital/medical environment and remotely from home office location.
· Potential exposure to hazardous physical, chemical, radiological and biological agents and loud noise.
· May work in environments where devices producing one or more of the following may be in use: high levels of radiation, high magnetic fields, high voltages, compressed and liquefied gases, and radioactive materials. Strict adherence to corporate and site safety procedures is mandatory.
· Frequently in contact with electrical equipment.
· This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, medical test equipment.
· Average driving is 1-4 hours daily and may exceed 50% at times. Occasional overnight stays and travel by air or train may be required.
· Responsible for carrying and monitoring company cell phone and being available and responsive during scheduled and non-scheduled hours, except during rest and meal periods as required by applicable state law.
· Must be flexible in working hours as this position will require customer support during non-regular business hours, mandatory overtime on short notice, and/or weekend work as necessary.
· May work from ladders or scaffolding, on occasion.
· Ability to participate in an on-call rotation to provide customer support.
· Regularly speaks, hears, and views computers.
· Frequently lift, carry, push, or pull up to 20 pounds. Occasionally lift or carry up to 100 pounds, with assistance available when lifting or carrying items over 50 pounds.
· Occasionally twist, and crawl.
· Frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and extended reach.
· Regular grasping and repetitive hand movements.
· Occasional use of vibrating tools.
· Use of personal protective equipment may be required including, but not limited to, radiation monitoring badge, safety glasses, hard hat, hard toed shoes, and medical rubber gloves.
· May be required to adhere to certification/credentialing required by the Customer in connection with admission into its facilities to perform job duties.
o Customer requirements may include, but are not limited to drug testing and immunizations as dictated by the customer or facility policy
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.