My name is Mike Crissinger and I am the Strength and Conditioning Coach/Coordinator at Perry High School (Lake County), Ohio. I have been in strength and conditioning for 15 years and I am a CSCS, RSCC*D, USAW, PES/CES, and the National High School Strength Coaches Association’s Strength Coach of the Year for the state of Ohio. I was previously partnered with Speed Strength Systems and I was the owner of Apex Sports Training. I would like to make you aware of our internship program that is available for your students. Our program offers before and after school training for students and athletes as well as six 60-minute block classes during the day. All of our student and athlete training is done at the Pirate Athletic Center, which is a state of the art facility that is also our community fitness center.
Our program will allow your students to get real world work experience in one on one, small group, and large group/team strength and conditioning setting. Your students will have the ability to work with students from grades 5-12, college athletes, and even athletes that compete in the professional ranks. We instruct and train male and female athletes from 13 sports. Another unique opportunity that our interns can choose to have or will be exposed to is the ability to work with students who have special needs or physical disabilities. We also have personal and small group training for our community members that our interns can assist with. This is a great opportunity for your students to learn new skills, increase knowledge, and engage in challenging new experiences that will help them grow and build on their current interests. We have a unique opportunity to tailor the experience to the internship student’s needs and maximize their learning experience so that it benefits them immediately. Your students will work closely with myself and our assistant strength and conditioning coach/personal trainer Tyler Cook.
· Pursuing a degree in Exercise Science, Physical Education, Kinesiology, Sports Management or related field
· Must be able to pass a background check
· CPR/First Aid
· Knowledge or exercise technique, physiology, and body mechanics.
· Work with individuals, small groups, and large team settings.
· Implement training programs that build strength, speed, power, agility, injury prevention, flexibility, balance and coordination.
· Assist with exercise technique and program implementation.
· Participate in all classroom and hands on instruction to the best of their ability.
· Demonstrate all learned training principles and methodologies.
If you would like to hear more about the internship program, please call me at 440-567-7201 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I have included photos of our facilities and my resume for your review. Thanks for your consideration and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Mike Crissinger, MS, CSCS, RSCC*D, USAW, PES
Perry High School S&C