Performance Trust Capital Partners is seeking to build its analyst class of 2021! We are targeting recent college graduates and candidates early in their career to participate in a dynamic, educational program. We offer a collaborative environment and provide real world, hands-on financial services experience. At the conclusion of the program, candidates are placed in one of several teams including Sales, Trading, Analytics, Investment Banking and Capital Markets.
As an Analyst, you will be exposed to the methodologies and tools used to assess fixed income securities, as well as how various economic and market factors influence the performance of those securities. We trade in and advise on a variety of products in the Fixed Income sector, including MBS, CMBS, Municipals and Esoteric Structured Products, transacting over $50B in securities annually. This role can lead to advancement in one of several areas, including sales, trading, analytics, investment banking, capital markets, and advisory…all within a dynamic, challenging and rewarding environment.
We understand that acquiring and developing top talent who share our values is the cornerstone for building our firm and advancing our client-centered mission. Senior leadership is accessible, so you will be able to learn from experts in the field. Our Analyst class is small and our training and mentoring platforms support the professional development plans of each Analyst. While in the program, here is what you can expect to do:
- Acquire a working, technical knowledge of fixed income products and investment portfolio strategy
- Understand the inter-connected, collaborative roles of our sales, trading and analytics teams to address client interests
- Research, compile and present data aimed at improving client outcomes, trading efficiency, sales effectiveness and business intelligence
- Frame and integrate findings into coherent presentations, identifying trends, action steps and investment considerations for clients
- Evaluate the potential viability of new product opportunities and the means to effectively deploy resources to develop and launch those initiatives
- Develop selling, trading and analysis skills appropriate to your individual talents and interests
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in a quantitative discipline, e.g., mathematics, finance, economics, engineering, computer science and/or statistics
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint. Must quickly gain understanding of Bloomberg and proprietary research applications
- Evidence of structured thinking, problem solving and multi-tasking
- Strong task execution skills with ability to prioritize and adjust work load as required. Self-motivated; strong work ethic
- Ability to manipulate, interpret and communicate large datasets
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for the financial markets
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
Headquartered in Chicago, Performance Trust Capital Partners was founded in 1994. We are a privately held institutional fixed income broker/dealer, investment advisory and asset management firm with over 270 employees. Our core business was established to help institutional investment professionals and other financial decision-makers understand and apply a disciplined analytical framework to evaluate potential risks and rewards embedded in complicated fixed income securities. Our professionals use proprietary portfolio management tools and methodologies based on bond mathematics to help source securities for our clients that support sound investment strategy and maximize returns. We also advise bank CEOs and Boards on matters of capital structure, M&A and balance sheet decision-making to increase their enterprise value and shareholder wealth. We are avid proponents of intellectual honesty, intellectual curiosity, evidence-based debate and critical thinking that, we believe, produces an investment approach superior to the conventional wisdom and imprecise conjecture that often causes investors to underperform. Our culture is grounded on four attributes: Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork and Results.