Perfectus Biomed is a leading Contract Research Organisation (CRO) with laboratories in the UK and North America providing both standard and customised microbiological testing services. We have extensive experience developing ‘fit for purpose’ experiments that mimic ‘real-life’ scenarios. Our mission is to improve quality of life through the provision of exceptional, customised microbiological services.
Perfectus Biomed’s lab in the USA is situated in Jackson, Wyoming. Jackson is known for its outstanding Ski areas, and breath-taking scenery. The natural beauty, low population density, and no income tax are a welcome alternative to the high-traffic urban biotech clusters in California, Massachusetts, and Texas. A perfect place to relocate!
The post holder will be required to provide a supportive role to the CSO and the Laboratory Manager to enable the timely delivery of services to all current and prospective clients.
The post holder will be expected to act in a pro-active manner in relation to completion and reporting of projects.
Main duties and Key Accountabilities.
Perfectus Biomed are a values led company and all staff are expected to demonstrate company values at all times, during all interactions both internally and externally.
Lead and support laboratory studies, with tasks including but not limited to;
• Participation in troubleshooting with team members and suggesting solutions
• Executing test methods in line with project timelines outlined in work plans
• Data entry and analysis as the data is collected throughout the duration of the project
• Reporting of invalid or unexpected results as soon as the result is received
Support laboratory upkeep as required, including but not limited to;
• Receipt, logging and storage of goods and client samples.
• Cleaning of Laboratory in line with internal procedures.
• Removal of bins and waste.
• Ensure laboratory stock is maintained through stock checks and placement of orders.
Ability to plan laboratory studies when provided with a work plan and handover document. The post holder may also be required to write work plans.
Writing of reports for projects lead by the post holder or other members of the laboratory team, ensuring required checks have been performed.
Attend client meetings with Senior Scientist – Commercial as required.
Support the introduction of new services, including but not limited to;
• Participating in troubleshooting with team members and suggest solutions
• Train in new methods
• Training of other staff in new methods, ensuring sufficient knowledge of the method is transferred and understood.
• Writing or reviewing of procedures for new methods and coordinating the release of documents with QA within required timelines.
Support the introduction of new equipment, including but not limited to;
• Writing of validation documentation
• Execution of validation/calibration to the required level for the application of the equipment
• Training of staff, ensuring sufficient knowledge is transferred and understood.
The post holder is required to perform activities related to quality systems and documentation, including but not limited to;
• Support failure investigations (FI) and nonconformance investigations as required
• Writing of laboratory procedures
• Review of laboratory procedures
• Review of laboratory documentation
• Completion of project documentation, comprising of client contact forms,, work plans, project monitoring forms, raw data sheets and project activities forms.
Trained to deliver training. The post holder is to schedule and deliver training to laboratory as required.
Support interviews for Laboratory Technician and Laboratory Assistant positions as required.
- PhD educated in virology, microbiology or similar qualification.
- Experience working in a commercial environemnt desirable.
- Experience working in a virology laboratory essential.
- Experience with statistical packages such as Minitab, SPSS or similar is preferred.
- An excellent grasp of Microsoft office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required for this post.
Perfectus Biomed is an equal opportunities employer and seeks applications from candidates from all backgrounds. The above outline is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. The duties described are not to be construed as a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as required.