Perfectus Biomed is seeking an individual to fill a laboratory technician position to conduct innovative research which is an organization that is developing new technologies to treat infectious diseases caused by antibiotic-resistant organisms. The lab tech will join a multifaceted team of scientists, entrepreneurs and innovators. The lab tech will perform many tasks in the research process including formulating a testable hypothesis, learning established protocols, and developing protocols to test the hypothesis. The lab tech will work closely with other researchers to analyze data and assist in write up of technical reports. With time, it is hoped that the lab tech will also participate in presentations and technical reports to relay the findings to the research team and external partners.
Note: The successful applicant will conduct research in a laboratory located off-campus in Jackson, Wyoming and therefore will need to reside nearby.
- Due to the technical and scientific nature of the work, the lab tech must hold at least a bachelor’s degree in related biological sciences.
- One year of research and/or laboratory experience, or an equivalent combination of four years of education and research experience is required.
- An independent, detail-oriented individual with good written and oral communication skills and the ability to follow protocols, conduct research independently, manage and analyze research data is required.
- The individual must have the ability to fulfill and comply with laboratory standard operating protocols.
- The individual must be able to relocate near to Jackson, Wyoming where the laboratory is located.
- Experience in molecular biology, tissue culture, immunology and/or bacteriology is preferred.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data using Microsoft Office and statistical and bioinformatics programs such as Prism Graph Pad and Ingenuity Pathway Analysis is preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist senior scientist(s) in experimentation: preparation, data collection, analysis and reporting
- Contribute to the design and implementation of research protocols and development of techniques pertaining to the focus of the laboratory: including bacterial models of infection, in vitro and in vivo models
- Contribute to laboratory operations including preparation of media and buffers, microbiological and cell cultures; and routine cleaning and maintenance of the laboratory and common areas
- Troubleshoot problems
- Review literature relating to research
- Assist in preparation and presentation of technical reports, summaries and quantitative analyses
- Contribute to preparation of manuscripts for peer-reviewed journals
- Contribute to preparation of research proposals
- Expected to participate and present in laboratory research discussions
- May occasionally liaise with funding source product developers