Applicants will provide primary client support by taking calls, answering email, responding to tickets, answering support related questions, and/or performing desk-side support. This position serves as the centralized entry point and provides escalated troubleshooting for all technology related service requests as well as support for technical issues across the company.
- Primary/first line interface for customer technical needs.
- Provide technical assistance resolving IT related problems including hardware, software, system compatibility conflicts, malfunctions, applications, connectivity, network, and security issues.
- Log customer information and follow requests through to completion, including communication and troubleshooting to resolve and fulfill customer requests.
- Responsible for accurate documentation within our Servicenow ticketing system.
- Prioritize daily workload and Help/Service Desk requests according to policy and procedure.
- Create and update knowledge base documentation for step by step instructions.
- Assist with preparing, installing, and testing equipment for newly hired employees.
- Prioritize and escalate incidents and requests based on business impact.
- Analyze customer calls and tickets to determine trends and/or recurring problems.
- Build sustainable relationships with customers, coworkers and stakeholders through open lines of interactive communication.
- Act as IT Gatekeeper for the IT Infrastructure team while being the face of IT.
- Ask appropriate questions to probe and gather relevant information to aid in resolution.
- Utilize and update Servicenow Knowledge Management system when troubleshooting customer issues.
- Set client expectations when opening and assigning service tickets and ensures all request/services are executed on time and in accordance with the service level agreements set with business.
- Make recommendations to assist associates and improve overall efficiency of daily operational procedures.
- Maintain current knowledge of core hardware/software standards as well as new technologies/applications being introduced in order to provide technical and accurate solutions to customers.
- Active participation in rotational “on-call” support to lower support tier (Not often but occasional).
- Demonstrate behaviors which are aligned with the organization’s desired culture and values.
- Achieve and maintain Help/Service Desk performance metrics.
Ideal Candidate will have the following:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business or related field preferred
- Problem-solving skills and able to troubleshoot a variety of issues.
- Working knowledge of networking concepts and protocols
- Intermediate knowledge of Virtual/VDI environment within PennyMac
- Intermediate knowledge of Meraki console for mobile devices
- Intermediate knowledge of PennyMac’s remote device security tools (CrowdStrike, Sophos)
- Intermediate working knowledge of google suite usage, monitoring, break fix solutions
- Intermediate working knowledge of PennyMac’s current AWS solutions.
- Knowledge of hardware, software and related technology
- Team player with a strong work ethic and operates with a sense of urgency
- Strong customer skills with an ability to work with accuracy and minimal direction
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to follow standard operating procedures
- Professional, calm, and courteous telephone mannerisms
- Displays high initiative and works well under pressure
- Flexible, fast learner with the ability to multitask