The Data Engineer will work with the data Analyst and project managers to determine logical and physical database designs for new analytics models. The Data Engineer will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The Data Engineer will support database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout analytics ongoing projects.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet business requirements
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into operational efficiency, financial reports and other key business performance metrics
- Work with stakeholders including the Engineering and Analytic teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Create data tools to support business informational technology process
- Work with the data analytics team to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Demonstrate behaviors which are aligned with the organization’s desired culture and values
Ideal Candidate will have the following:
- Moderate experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Moderate knowledge of AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++
- Experience building and optimizing AWS data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Moderate skill in business intelligence tools such as Tableau or Qlik
- Moderate skills with MS Office, including Excel & PowerPoint
- Must be a team player with strong attention to detail and able to work independently
- Proven track record at delivering timely and accurate information in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, and mathematical skills, and sound judgment
- Strong business acumen and ability to interface with executive management