Job Title: Group Events Specialist
Reports to: Director of Ticket Sales
Manages People: No
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Group Events Specialist is responsible for maintaining and generating new business group sales for the Rochester Americans (AHL) and Rochester Knighthawks (NLL). Tasks will include being the main service representative to a current book of Season Ticket Members for both the Amerks and Knighthawks while also generating new business revenue with set goals for New Season Ticket sales, Partial Plans, Group Tickets, and Season Ticket Renewals. The Group Event Specialist will also work closely with the youth hockey community; Leading efforts as it relates to community relation events, Board meetings and scheduled meetings. This position is the community liaison and ambassador for hockey & lacrosse in the Greater Rochester Area.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Generate revenue through season ticket sales, partial plans, and group sales via outbound sales campaigns for both the Rochester Americans and Rochester Knighthawks.
· Lead the Youth Hockey business strategy to cultivate sales leads and Community programming as the main liaison on behalf of the Amerks to the Greater Rochester and Western NY region.
· Actively contact past and potential customers, along with prospecting leads to generate ticket sales revenue of all offered packages.
· Handle inbound sales calls as a main contact for the teams from prospective clients for all ticket packages.
· Meet or exceed revenue goals for all ticket packages.
· Make a required minimum of 50 outbound sales calls and/or 2 hours of customer talk time each day, along with set in-arena and out of the office meetings with prospective leads.
· Document all customer interaction through CRM and process all sales through Ticketmaster Archtics
· Be available for all game days and other special events as needed with a goal of revenue generation, group event planning, and community programming.
· Maintain upmost confidentiality
· Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications for the Position:
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· 1-2 years of sales and/or service experience in a sports or hospitality industry is preferred not required.
· Proven relationship builder with a creative mindset and passion for community programming.
· Internally motivated and coachable individual with passion for learning skills to be a revenue generator in sports.
· Focused on continuing to growing a career in the sports industry.
· Proficient computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office.
· Knowledge of Ticketmaster Archtics a plus but not required.
· Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
· Possess a strong work ethic and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Must be highly motivated and positive with strong aspirations to be successful in a sales career.
· Must be able to provide own transportation to/from work as well as events outside of normal business hours
· Organization: Handle multiple projects and tasks, while always following up and following through
· Collaboration: Work with other departments to maximize sales opportunities
· Accountability: Take complete ownership of your work and “run your own business”
· Critical thinking: Think on your feet and take the lead with customer service through problem solving
· Creativity: Be a key contributor to the team with new ideas and concepts with a focus on executing
How to Make the Team:
The Group Events Specialist should exhibit a passion for ticket sales, willingness to grow and learn and be motivated to the next great step in their personal career, while continuing to help our organization grow upon our recent success. Characteristics that are also valued include a Positive Attitude, Strong Work Ethic, Coachability, Leadership, and a Passion for your Craft. Past experience and/or knowledge of Youth Hockey programming and relationship building, along with a general Youth Sports background is also preferred.
Rochester Hockey, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer