Patch is hiring LOCAL JOURNALISTS all across the country as we expand our news team for the fifth consecutive year. If you are passionate about community news and want to work in a positive, supportive, entrepreneurial environment, APPLY NOW.
Among our current openings:
- New Hampshire: Local editor to cover Nashua, Bedford, Milford, Merrimack and Amherst.
- Massachusetts: Breaking news editor/local news curator.
- Massachusetts: Local editors to cover communities including: Acton, Belmont, Concord, Dedham, Hamilton-Wenham, Hopkinton, Lexington, Lynnfield, Needham, Northnorough, Norwood, North Reading, Shrewsbury, Watertown, Wellesley, Westborough, Westwood, and Winchester.
- Wisconsin: Local editor beat covering suburban Milwaukee communities.
- Connecticut: Local editor beat covering Greenwich and Stamford.
- Maryland: Local editor beat covering the Montgomery County communities of Bethesda, Silver Spring, Rockville, Gaithersburg and Germantown. We also are looking for journalists to cover communities in Prince George’s County.
- Illinois: Local editor beat covering Bolingbrook, Plainfield, Oswego and Romeoville in Illinois.
- Illinois: Aurora
- NEW JERSEY: Our new beats in North Jersey include communities in Union and Essex counties. Those on the Jersey Shore include Point Pleasant, Manasquan and Asbury Park. We are also looking for breaking news reporters capable of real-time reporting.
- CALIFORNIA: We are looking to fill a beat in the San Gabriel Valley in southern California.
- Additional new positions are likely in the near future in Long Island, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Illinois, Florida, Georgia, California and other locales.
Ideal candidates for full-time, salaried positions as Patch local editors are tenacious, agile, productive reporters and sharp storytellers. They also are:
- obsessed with telling readers what they need to know about their communities
- enthusiastic, competitive and innovative
- capable of turning a smart, accurate headline
- adept practitioners of social media and SEO
- tech savvy and always eager to learn something new
If this sounds like a job worthy of your talent, APPLY TODAY through our editorial jobs application page.
To learn more about Patch, visit this page.
Patch is building an eclectic, talented team to match the cultural diversity of our country. Patch offers competitive benefits, ongoing personal and professional development opportunities, and an equal opportunity workplace committed to providing employees with an inclusive environment free of discrimination and harassment.
To apply to this job, click here.