International Academy of Flint is currently hiring for a High School Special Education Teacher.Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision plans. 401k available. Life, ADD, and LTD paid 100% by the employer!
Would you like to be part of a program that prepares all students for college, values the needs of all students, and helps students build a strong foundation to achieve success in a changing world? Does your passion for teaching and desire to make a difference in the life of a child describe why you chose teaching in the first place? If so, come and be part of our SABIS® educational team at the International Academy of Flint (IAF).
The International Academy of Flint is a highly regarded institution that provides a high-quality education to a diverse population in the Flint metropolitan area. The Academy strives to help all students to achieve their full potential, prepare them for success in college, equip them with the ability and desire for lifelong learning, and strengthen their civic, ethical, and moral values. The Academy maintains high standards of efficiency and accountability throughout its operation.
The Teacher enables the success of student academic achievement through implementation of the SABIS® curriculum and philosophy and through the consistent use of the SABIS® Point System TM of instruction.
The Teacher has an oversight role for all students within the school setting, to ensure a safe academic environment conducive to learning and maintain the professional SABIS® image.
The Teacher ensures proper planning and follow up for the academic progress of all students and works cooperatively with the Student Life and Student Management teams.
The Teacher ensures accurate and timely reporting to the Academic Quality Controller, as required by SABIS® and governmental bodies. The Teacher reports regularly to the Academic Quality Controller regarding students’ performance and challenges, with recommendations for action and a summary of actions taken.
The Teacher fulfills a requirement of 30 student contact hours per week. The primary assignment may be a specific grade level (including homeroom duties) or subject teaching to multiple classes in regular or intensive classes. The Teacher may also be assigned additional non-instructional duties such as proctoring exams or supervising recess or lunch. The Teacher must attend all school functions.
- Teaching using the provided pacing charts for their subject(s) in order to be able to teach using the SABIS® point system.
- Marking of exams related to their subject matter in accordance with the schedule and material provided by the department.
- Discussing disciplinary and student performance issues with the Academic Quality Controller (AQC) and head of department (HOD) as needed.
- Implementing the SABIS® point system to ensure an environment conducive to learning in the classroom.
- Providing support by invigilating exams as needed in an adequate and properly managed exam environment.
- Providing support for the academically low performing students, to help improve and get motivated to reach their potential.
- Develop and/or follow external exams preparation by going through past papers as planned in the structured revision schedule (When applicable to specific grade).
- Aiding in duties that may include testing children, substituting for absent teachers , organizing children for lunches and buses, controlling traffic (vehicles and people), and other administrative duties that may be assigned to him/her by the school SABIS® management.
- Preparing and participating in activity plans for all such student life related events such as but not limited to art, open house and physical education in coordination with the student life coordinator.
- Attending training sessions when needed and as per the request of school management in order to enhance their understanding of the SABIS® system improving their performance
- Performing such other related tasks or projects as they arise and as delegated by the school SABIS® management.
- Bachelor degree in a related subject matter and/or equivalent
- Certification as required by state
- Leadership and team management skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Organizational and self-management skills; ability to handle multiple responsibilities effectively
- Goal orientation; planning and execution skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Dependability; readiness to go above and beyond when necessary to reach goals
To learn more about International Academy of Flint, please visit our website at http://www.iaf-sabis.net/.