Title: Accounting Generalist
Location: Coos Bay, Oregon
Agency: Oregon Coast Community Action
Pay Rate: $15.00 – $20.00 hourly, DOE
Classification: Temporary, 32-35 hours per week
Reports to: Finance Director
Staff Supervised: N/A
Date Posted: 2/8/2021
Posting Expires: Open Until Filled
HR Contact: hr[at]orcca.us
Revised: October 2019
External Applicants: Please submit an employment application, cover letter and resume on our website, www.orcca.us or to hr[at]orcca.us.
Internal Applicants: Please submit a letter of interest and resume to hr[at]orcca.us.
Assists in maintaining accurate accounting systems, account analysis and financial reporting, and back-up to Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Payroll as assigned. This position is an integral member of the accounting team that supports an Oregon Coast Community Action (ORCCA), which is an Umbrella Agency with multiple programs and funding sources. This position supports ORCCA programs, the accounting team and ORCCA staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Interpret and ensure compliance with all appropriate state and federal laws, rules, regulations. This includes identifying and tracking compliance with grants, contracts and policies.
- Research and reconcile financial discrepancies
- Participate in other accounting team duties including data input, payables, payroll and financial reporting
- Assist Finance Director with special projects including year-end audits, sub-recipient monitoring, and analysis
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge through workshops, professional publications and establishing peer networks.
- Contribute to team effort of accounting department, programs, and ORCCA
INDIVIDUAL AND TEAM EXPECTATIONS:
- Attend staff meetings, center meetings, and/or other workshops/meetings as notified
- Maintain a positive attitude regarding ORCCA and all its programs
- Model behaviors that demonstrate an understanding, acceptance and welcoming of diversity
- Maintain respect and positive communication regarding all children, families and staff.
- Maintain confidentiality of client and staff information.
- Maintain open, two-way communication with staff
- Accept suggestions and guidance from supervisor and other management staff
- Seek feedback on job performance and evaluate suggestions and guidance to incorporate in performance
- Commit to further training. Develop an individual training plan using program tools, as appropriate.
- Communicate with supervisor regarding any needed changes or concerns with work schedule.
- Adhere to agency procedures as a mandated child abuse reporter
- Regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
- Ability to perform the job with or without reasonable accommodations
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABLILITIES:
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and techniques including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, general ledger, budgeting, contract management and grant compliance processes; reasonable knowledge of automated accounting systems and computer processes and capabilities; reasonable knowledge of federal, state, and county laws, rules, and regulations related to basic accounting processes; reasonable knowledge of modern office terminology, procedures, equipment.
- Knowledge of accounting cost principals, and General Accounting Cost principles (GAAP).
- Have a good working knowledge of computers and software programs such as Microsoft Excel, Word and accounting software programs (MIP a plus).
- Experience in Governmental or Non-Profit Fund Accounting is a plus
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Ability to operate 10 key, copy machines, fax machines, etc
- Ability to navigate accounting system, email, and conduct research
- Ability to multitask, handle interruptions
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to do math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentage calculation)
- Ability to efficiently organize work and exercise independent judgment in making appropriate decisions concerning work methods and priorities
- Ability to perform complex record keeping requiring the application and interpretation of data, facts, procedures, and policies
- Ability to prepare accurate financial and statistical records
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Associate Degree in accounting or related field preferred and minimum of four years (full-time equivalent) relevant general accounting and financial analysis experience.
- Experience working with grant funded programs preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Geographic Area: Coos and Curry Counties Primary worksite: Coos Bay, Oregon
- May lift items up to 51 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Access to indoor office, in a climate-controlled environment; may not have access to sunlight. Regular activities outside in a non-climate controlled environment.
- Regular kneeling, bending, stooping and sitting.
- Regular walking and standing for prolonged periods of time.
- Occasional events outside of the office at irregular hours will be required.
- Attendance at off-site staff training events will be required.
- May have periodic evening or weekend duties.
- A current Oregon Driver’s License is required.
- Proof of automobile liability insurance [at] $100,000/300,000 liability limits and maintain such limits.
- Reliable transportation for getting to work.
- Must be free from illegal drugs, may be subject to suspicion testing.
NOTE: The specific statements reflected in each section of this position description are not intended to be all-inclusive, but rather the basic elements and criteria considered being necessary in order to satisfactorily perform the duties associated with the position.
Oregon Coast Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please inform Human Resources at 541-435-7090 or hr[at]orcca.us if you require an accommodation in order to participate in the application process. Apply online: www.orcca.us