O’Neill Insurance is seeking a motivated, goal-oriented sales professional with an entrepreneurial spirit and a hunter mentality to join our growing team.
Job Summary: The Sales producer is responsible for prospecting, soliciting, quoting, and selling business insurance. Specific sales goals and service responsibilities are determined during the quarterly planning process for this position. Meets service and sales standards of volume with timeliness and quality.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Identifies and develops insurance prospects and appropriate markets
- Generate leads and pipeline opportunities through outbound prospecting via cold calling, drop-ins, email, LinkedIn, and networking.
- Responds to referrals quickly and effectively
- Prequalifies insurance prospects for insurability and quality of risk
- Creates and maintains client or prospect list
- Designs insurance programs and recommends coverage to clients
- Surveys loss exposure, needs, and possible uninsurable or difficult to insure exposures for clients
- Creates insurance proposals; makes sales presentations to prospective and existing clients on new and renewal business
- Develops, follows, and completes sales objectives
Retention and Continuous Marketing:
- Develops a book of business that’s profitable for both the agency and the carriers
- Works with clients to ensure limit and coverage adequacy
- Provides needed information and clarifications about clients to company personnel, and documents in our Agency Management System.
- Takes advantage of cross-sell or up-sell opportunities that are in the best interest of the client
- Reviews existing policy coverages, at least annually, to ensure accounts are up-to-date and determine whether or not they need remarketed
- Assists service staff to collect client information in preparation of schedules of insurance, summaries, and renewal proposals
- Recommends and helps insureds carry out loss control programs
- Retains assigned percentage of accounts at each renewal
- Continues to develop relationships with insured
- Accepts and handles any duties/prospects as assigned by agency management
Personal and Organizational Development:
- Participate in sales meetings
- Identifies training needs with assistance from managers. Develops a personal improvement plan, and takes responsibility for learning and improving technical and sales skills regularly.
- Reads and interprets technical manuals and insurance information from carriers, vendors, publishers, etc.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- College education or equivalent sales and/or insurance experience
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with others, to explain complex issues, to receive and interpret complex information, and to respond appropriately.
- Ability to understand written and oral communication and interpret abstract information.
- Property, Casualty or Life and Health License preferred (not required)
- Ability to generate new business sales, retain existing business, and to close sales in insurance.
- B2B Sales Experience
Compensation & Benefits:
- $45K-$75K base salary + commission
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance Plan
- Vacation, Holiday & Sick Time
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Contributions
- Flexible work arrangements