The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for the payment of goods and services purchased by the organization. The specialist ensures that invoices are accurate and that proper accounting procedures are followed for the purchasing and payment of goods and services. The specialist is responsible for purchasing supplies and generating purchase orders.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
· Prints and obtains signatures on all accounts payable checks.
· Prepares payment by EFT per accounts payable procedures.
· Distributes signed checks as required.
· Answers all vendor inquiries.
· Maintains all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets and accounts payable files.
· Assists accounting department as necessary.
· Prepares cleared checks for storage.
· Performs filing and copying.
· Responsible for researching, obtaining quotes, and approval for new items to be purchased.
· Responsible for generating purchase orders and placing orders.
· Matches purchase orders with invoices.
· Purchases supplies from repetitive vendor.
· Sources new vendors for new supplies and determines vendor selection.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Specific vision abilities are required by this position that include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel is primarily local during the business day.
No supervisory responsibility for position.
High School Diploma or GED
2 to 3 years of accounts payable/receivable experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
Experience using Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains.
Most be proficient in using Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Internet
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
*CEIA USA, Ltd. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity, Veterans Disabled Employer.