Ohio At Home develops and implements technological solutions to improve the lives of those with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We are looking for an empathetic employee with unique talents and interests intersecting technology and healthcare.
In this role, you will conduct client interviews to learn about the client’s lifestyle, personality, and disability. From there, you will work with the rest of the innovation team to identify technological solutions or services that could help overcome clients’ barriers and help them achieve their life goals.
This is a client-facing role. An ideal candidate can communicate in a professional and personable manner and is able to explain our technology and services in simple language. Be mindful that you will be interacting with people who might struggle with communication. Patience, attentiveness, and a positive attitude are essential to build relationships and elicit meaningful information.
Key Job Duties
Product development, education, and support:
- Develop: Work with Medforall engineering team and OSU students to create new services and technology solutions for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Educate: Create educational content for individuals using our products and services in multiple mediums
- Support: Build and maintain relationships with our clients, including technology supports, trainings, and assessments
- BS in Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related fields
- 1+ years of experience in client-facing role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Pass FBI/BCI Background Check
- 1+ years of experience in creative or design endeavors
- 1+ years of experience with firmware/embedded software
- Experience with home automation and assistive technology
This position is available in Columbus, Ohio.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Ohio At Home is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Ohio At Home is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.