Job Title: Data Analyst
Status: Full-Time, Exempt Position
Salary: $55,000 starting salary with generous benefits package including 401K, health insurance, and paid parking.
The Data Analyst assures the proper administration of public funds disbursed to Ohio’s civil legal aids and other programs, by carefully managing and interpreting the Foundation’s data. Day-to-day responsibilities include analyzing data and reporting on revenue received from Interest on Lawyer Trust Accounts (IOLTA), Interest on Trust Accounts (IOTA), civil filing fees surcharges, and attorney unclaimed funds, to ensure that the Foundation receives all remittances due. The Data Analyst also manages and reports on other Foundation data, to include but not limited to, information on attorney and title agent registrations, donors, board members, legal aids, grantees, and Foundation grants. This information is used to make critical operational, strategic planning, and funding decisions that are needed to support the Foundation’s mission and reporting requirements. The Data Analyst additionally administers the Foundation’s statewide Loan Repayment Assistance Program (LRAP), which provides financial assistance to attorneys employed by the Foundation’s grantee organizations. Due to the Foundation’s collaborative work environment, in-person work at our downtown Columbus office is required. This position reports directly to the Director of Financial Services.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
● Manage and interpret the Foundation’s databases.
● Maintain current Crystal Reports and queries that support them, create new reports, and clean up existing reports to support Foundation’s business needs.
● Analyze revenue reports, identify remittance issues, and work with Director of Financial Services to balance monthly revenue.
● Work with attorneys and title agents/agencies to assure the integrity of registration data kept by the Foundation.
● Ensure the timely and accurate issuance of reports; provide data on revenue, remittance, interest rates, fees, compliance, grants, and other related data, as needed.
● Administer the Foundation’s LRAP by approving new program participants and loans, processing promissory notes and verification paperwork, preparing the disbursement of LRAP loan proceeds, and updating LRAP guidelines, applications, and related materials.
● Utilize business intelligence platforms to create dashboards and data insights to help propel the Foundation’s mission.
● Performs other related duties as assigned, to support the needs and mission of the Foundation.
Skills and Qualifications:
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related field.
● 3+ years banking data analysis preferred; knowledge of deposit products (e.g. NOW, money market, sweep accounts) is not a requirement, but a strong plus.
● Analytical mindset, excellent mathematical skills, and strong attention to detail.
● Outstanding organization, time management, communication (oral and written), and interpersonal skills.
● Proven collaboration, brain-storming, and problem-solving skills.
● Ability to multi-task, work independently, and manage projects from inception to completion with minimal oversight.
● Advanced computer and data systems skills; proficiency in SQL, industry standard database management systems, and knowledge of CRM (e.g. Salesforce) and BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, etc.).
Interested candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter explaining in detail their interest in the position to email@example.com. The application deadline is June 11, 2021.
No phone calls, please.
The Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military status, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, familial status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.