Part-time Non-Eligible summer employee positions are not part of the Oakland County Merit System. These positions are limited to 520 hours during the summer months.
Under limited supervision, is responsible for assisting the census leader in taking a census of dog licenses in a particular area. During the summer months, systematically goes door to door throughout the county to ensure that owners of dogs have secured dog licenses, proving the animals have been vaccinated against rabies. Drives to survey territory areas for daily inspection tours. May issue departmental courtesy tickets. Reports other incidental findings related to animal welfare as noted during inspections.
Applications will be rejected if the following information is not provided at the time of application:
- Thoroughly documented work history
- Valid Driver’s License number
- The application is incomplete in ANY capacity
1. Must be at least 18 years old.
2. Possess a valid United States motor vehicle operator’s or chauffeur’s license. Out of Country driver’s license holders will be required to obtain the appropriate valid State of Michigan driver’s license before the hire date.
3. Have no convictions of a criminal nature.
4. Pass the employment physical established for this classification.
You are required to include your work experience in the Work Experience Section of your NEOGOV application. If you have previously included work history on a resume you must transfer your work History into the Work Experience Section prior to applying. Attached resumes will not be reviewed or considered. Please review the job posting, specifically the purpose of the position and the minimum qualifications, prior to answering the work experience question; and note that only related work experience will be considered. NOTE: Provide full detail in the employment history section noting the skills, experience and hours worked per week pertaining to the minimum qualifications.
1. Must maintain a valid United States motor vehicle operator’s license.