Under general supervision, receives, reviews and assesses loan application documentation including the preparation of title searches to determine eligibility for the Home Improvement Loan Program. Coordinates the formal contractor bid process and determines appropriate bidders for each Home Improvement construction job. Reviews and processes contractor payments. Schedules home improvement field inspections. Completes environmental and historical assessments for each home improvement job. Provides technical support to the division and Citizens Advisory Council. Utilizes current Countywide and/or department-specific software to complete assignments.
Applications will be rejected if the following information is not provided at the time of application:
- Thoroughly documented work history
- If qualifying with coursework, applicant must email transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The application is incomplete in ANY capacity
1. Must be a high school graduate or have a certificate of successful completion of the General Education Development Test; AND
2. Have had four (4) years of increasingly responsible experience assisting homeowners with loan applications, reviewing loan documentation and/or coordinating with general construction contractors.
NOTE: Coursework at an accredited college or university in business, finance or accounting may be substituted for up to three (3) years of experience on a year-for-year basis.
3. Pass the complete examination, including the employment medical, established for this classification.
4. Successfully complete the six month probationary period.