DO NOT APPLY ON-LINE: Interested persons must submit a cover letter, resume and references (writing sample preferred) to:
Paper copies – Sixth Judicial Circuit Court
Attention: Court Administration
1200 N. Telegraph Road
Pontiac, MI 48341-0404
Electronic copies – email@example.com
- Review motions, pleadings, and transcripts; analyze applicable statutes and case law; and draft memorandum to inform the Judge about the pertinent facts of a case, the parties’ arguments, and the relevant law.
- Make recommendations for judicial action with respect to domestic relations matters, juvenile delinquency, neglect, adoptions and other family-related matters.
- Assess and advises parties regarding the relative strengths of their respective positions and participates in negotiations to facilitate settlement of issues, adjusting strategy as necessary.
- Draft proposed orders and opinions.
- Assist the Judge during motion call, hearings, and trials.
Under the Merit Rule 1, employees in this class are excluded from the Merit System for the purpose of the manner of selection, appointment, removal from office or limitation or political activity.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
1. Be licensed to practice law and maintain membership in good standing with the State Bar of Michigan.
1. Have graduated from an ABA–approved law school and passed the Michigan State Bar examination.
2. Have legal work experience, including positions of comparable responsibility with other Courts, as a practicing attorney. Other positions may be deemed comparable by the Judge or Circuit Court Administrator.
3. Prior writing experience strongly preferred.
4. Strong preference for family law experience.