Prepares, cooks and/or bakes food dishes in bulk quantities to serve to patrons. Using prepared menus, assists with planning and coordinating food preparation and cooking activities so that items are ready for serving at the appropriate time. Assists with training and instructing Kitchen Workers in routine food preparation tasks and serving procedures.
Applications will be rejected if the following information is not provided at the time of application:
- Thoroughly documented work history
- The application is incomplete in ANY capacity
At the time of application, applicants must:
1. a. Be at least 16 years old and a high school graduate or have completed the state requirements for a G.E.D. certificate; OR
b. Be an emancipated minor; OR
c. Have passed their 18th birthday.
NOTE: When assigned to Golf Course Grill rooms, must have passed their 18th birthday, per the State of Michigan, due to the sale of alcoholic beverages
2. Have had at least six (6) months of full-time experience preparing and cooking food in an institution or commercial establishment.
3. Pass the complete examination, including the employment medical, established for this classification.