The individual hired will work out of the corporate office in Los Angeles on the Partnership Solutions team within the Partnership and Marketing Services Department of OVG Global Partnerships; the sponsorship and marketing arm of Oak View Group (OVG). Suitable for the role are exceptionally creative and commercially aggressive professionals who have a desire to create as well as a track record in building world-class partnership packages and solutions for sports & entertainment properties to support the sales process in revenue generation. The Manager of Partnership Solutions will be instrumental in the development of creative ideas, thought-starters, partnership packages and presentations for new business pitches.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ideate and develop world class partnership platforms and innovative ideas to arm sales teams with for prospective partners across OVG properties including but not limited to: The Arena Alliance, Owned and Operated Arenas, Facilities, Media and Conferences, Third Party Clients.
- Develop sales tools for new business including client proposals, RFP’s, Term Sheets, prospecting sheets, thought starters etc. for the purpose of revenue generation across all arms of the company.
- Collaborate with Creative Services on all deliverables including sales presentations, departmental or company-wide tools, arena marketing assets and tools, etc.
- Articulate and present creative vision of integrated sponsorship presentations to internal and external decision-makers and project stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Sales teams and the Partnership Activation team (and arenas as needed) to finalize asset packages for partnerships as deals move to the negotiation stage.
- Conduct brand research via a research platform (ex: YouGov) and analyze data to gain consumer insights as it relates to ongoing brand conversations and build a story to bring the brand to life through our properties/partnerships.
- Collaborate with Sales and Partnership Activation teams to identify strategic growth opportunities for the purpose of renewals and upsells of current partner brands through added asset inventory, platforms and partnerships.
- Operate as an internal agency for the overall Global Partnerships team, assessing all data shared for a given project and develop a proposed creative solution for each opportunity.
- Responsible for updating documents for department use including Project Status Tracker, Company Templates and Resources, Team internal reference documents, etc.
- Participate in weekly team meetings to report on and discuss ongoing owned projects
- Other duties as assigned.
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Undergraduate and/or graduate studies in marketing, business, sports business management, communications
- 3-5 years of experience with demonstrated development, project management and execution skills, with understanding of/experience in one or more of the following or related industries: sports, venues, music, entertainment
- Direct experience with sports & entertainment sponsorship development, specifically on the pre-sale side, creating platforms and storylines for new business prospects and partnership renewals
- Creative problem solver with the ability to quickly understand brands/partners’ business models and hit the ground running in identifying and developing creative solutions (independently or collaboratively) to solve for indicated KPI’s.
- Demonstrated success analyzing marketing strategy and developing “out-of-the-box” ideas.
- Strategic and critical thinker who is dynamic, forward thinking, analytical and extremely well organized.
- Highly driven self-starter, with ability to work as a team or independently on projects.
- Positive, can-do attitude with the ability to manage long-term projects as well as quick turnaround assignments.
- Focused, diligent and hard-working; ambitious and driven.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and storytelling skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Trustworthy, loyal and ethical.
- Curious by nature.
- Values the “How” as much as the “What”.
- Willingness to work the hours required to fulfill the commitments of the role.
- A lifelong passion for winning supported by an exceptional track record of results.
Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.