Pollstar, the premiere live entertainment trade publication and multi-media platform, is seeking to hire a Los Angeles-based entry-level writer, reporter and editor for our media properties. This includes Pollstar’s weekly publication, website, daily e-blast, industry directories, special issues and Pollstar Live!, the live entertainment industry’s leading conference, along with sister publication VenuesNow, the leading venue trade platform.
- Strong writing, reporting and editing skills
- Carry out research on topics assigned to them.
- Fact-check any data collected during the research process.
- Ability to post daily news copy and weekly features covering the live industry.
- Develop industry contacts and interface regularly with the live entertainment business and regularly break live music business stories.
- Create content in form of articles, blogs or papers based on the data collected from their research.
- Develop well-researched pitches and submit to an Editor for review.
- Read style guides or project briefs and use them to develop content for assignments.
- Convert the information they’ve acquired into readable, easy-to-understand content tailored to their specific audience.
- Revise their work based on editorial feedback.
- Must be able to aggregate news, interpret and use Pollstar’s industry-leading data and have familiarity with content management systems.
- Imperative that you work well with teams, meet tight deadlines and have superior communication and organizational skills.
- A strong passion and knowledge for music and live performance is essential. A business background and understanding of the music industry is also desirable.
Candidates will not be considered without cover letter and writing samples/links for consideration.
Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.