NYU School of Medicineis one of the nation’s top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Sr Data Analyst In this role, the successful candidate The successful applicant will join DataCore, an innovative team within NYU Langone Health’s Medical Center Information Technology department that utilizes state-of-the-art technology and informatics products to meet the clinical research and analytics needs of a prestigious institution. S/he will primarily support the Center for Healthcare Innovation and Delivery Science (CHIDS). CHIDS is a locus for collaboration among clinicians, researchers, educators, and administrators, who are working together in accelerating the transformation to a learning healthcare system and to improve patient outcomes. S/he will collaborate closely with faculty, clinicians, fellow data analysts, and biostatisticians to advance research and practice in healthcare implementation science, quality of care, and patient safety. In particular, s/he will perform a key role in organizing databases, creating and aggregating datasets, and contributing to analyses for studies in the areas of outcomes-related research, chronic disease management, standard care pathways evaluation, and patient care quality and safety. S/he will also be a key contributor to a federally-funded grant to create a Patient Imaging Quality and Safety Laboratory. Applicants are required to have strong programming and data management skills, including but not limited to proficiency in SAS, R, and SQL and experience in retrieving and analyzing data from clinical and claims databases.
- Optimize utilization of patient-generated data for research and care; develop rapid-cycle analytic processes with associated feedback to drive improvements in quality, efficiency, and financial performance.
- Extract, analyze, and present insights from clinical, administrative, and operational data; manage and improve existing databases; develop programs, methodologies, and source files for data analysis and presentation.
- Provide clinical data for research projects and operational improvement initiatives; perform data analysis in support of ad-hoc requests; collaborate with researchers and administrators in refining query parameters of clinical data extraction/analytical support requests.
- Combine disparate data sources into an integrated database or dataset.
- Develop data extraction programs/routines for data transfer to authorized agencies or individuals.
- Support DataCore clinical research projects in programming tables, listings, and figures (TLFs) using SAS (e.g. for DSMC, QA/QC, etc.).
To qualify you must have a Typically requires 4 or more years of experience and BA/BS degree or equivalent.
SAS Certification preferred, Experience with Population Health information and Clinical Trials
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization. NYU School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. NYU School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.