The staff Radiation Oncology Therapist performs radiographic examinations of selected portions of the anatomy as requested by the medical provider with a proper order. The Technologist is expected to perform a variety of procedures with the knowledge and ability to apply a prescribed amount of x-radiation for the purpose of obtaining diagnostic quality radiographs for interpretation by the radiologist.
1. Perform radiographic procedures in accordance with departmental protocols and procedures within standard time frames.
2. Maintains equipment in good operating condition and operates equipment according to department and manufacturer’s recommendations.
3. Prepares and orients patients to the procedure.
4. Is cooperative and helpful in a clear and courteous manner to co-workers, staff, patients, and visitors.
5. Maintains and exhibits a current knowledge of radiological technology and participates in continuing education.
Current registration by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists in Radiation Therapy. Current licensure by the State of Maine as required by the Medical Radiation Health and Safety Act.