Oversees and manages Pharmacy operations, budget, and pharmacy managers across multiple outpatient pharmacy locations throughout the State of Maine.
· Assumes responsibility for operations of all Northern Light Pharmacy locations.
· Develops business plans in collaboration with the AVP of Northern Light Pharmacy to further the organizations mission and vision.
· Maintains working knowledge of dispensing systems as well as all Microsoft applications
· Develops working knowledge of 340b program compliance and operations.
· Develops, negotiates and monitors vendor contracts.
· Develops and monitors performance metrics for all locations against national standards and effectively communicates performance and quality improvement requirements and results to staff.
· Oversees all audits and compliance with corporate, third-party and regulatory policies, including HIPAA.
· Ensures effective inventory control and security.
· Ensures that each location meets and/or exceeds state and federal licensure standards.
· Ensures workflow processes to maximize prescription throughput and billing effectiveness.
· In collaboration with the AVP of Northern Light Pharmacy, reviews and monitors fiscal controls relative to third party billing, cash collections, disbursement of funds for payments, ensuring correct product costs and other revenue cycle activities.
· Working with the AVP, prepares annual budgets by revenue/cost center and reviews/monitors monthly performance against plan including remediation as necessary.
· Manages the design, development and implementation of best practice processes and procedures for all operational aspects.
· Ensures effective communication throughout organization through regular meetings and minutes of same.
· Manages and leads the operational teams.
· Assesses and develops (where appropriate) team members in skill development and career management.
· Oversees all human and equipment resource requirements. Evaluates staffing levels and competencies and capital additions in all divisions and makes recommendations accordingly to the AVP.
· Professionally represents Northern Light Pharmacy in all community and regulatory forums
· Able to speak publicly to all sizes of audiences to promote and represent Northern Light Pharmacy.
· Maintains CE’s per licensure .
· Oversees and ensures outstanding customer service functions at all locations.
· Works closely with direct reports to ensure a positive attitude and an effective corporate image.
· Establishes corporate economic strategies, objectives, and policies for the company.
· Monitor, develop and implement continuous quality improvements for all Northern Light Pharmacy locations.
· Generate accurate forecasts in collaboration with other operations staff.
· Seeks opportunities to expand services and develop additional services.