Nielsen Media tracks the media-consumption habits of homes across the country. Our data paints a rich portrait of the American Audience. As a pioneer and industry leader in audience measurement for more than half a century, we take pride in our technology and processes, and we are constantly searching for new ways to advance our legacy of innovation.
The Operations Data Engineer is part of the Platform team within the US Media Operations Transformation organisation. This position provides a critical role in the organization’s journey to machine learning and artificial intelligence by developing, and optimizing our systems and tools. Experience with AWS cloud services, analytics application system support, scaling, automation and integration. May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
The technical lead will support the following core responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
- Develop, support and deliver integrated solutions
- Develops tools to support platform and process automation and integration
- Guides project teams on technical best practices related to data flow and reuse, design practices
- Mentors and coaches project teams, specifically with design reviews
- Provides the team a roadmap for implementing solutions that meets the needs for automation, interoperability, reuse, and ease of maintenance
- US Media Operations platform administration and optimization (includes Alteryx, Tableau, Postgres, S3, data connections, API and other supported system integrations/interfaces)
- Develop and maintain automated system administration tools to support performance monitoring,user identity and access management, efficient data pipelines and system auto recovery
- Change management including security, infrastructure and application environment configuration changes, upgrades and patches
- Performance monitoring, tuning and server instances and AWS account management
- Manage and support migration of objects (dimensions, measures, hierarchies, reports, workbooks, dashboards), from development to production environments.
- Investigate platform related issues and escalate to vendors, infrastructure, security when needed.
- Develop and document standards/best practices for development and administration of the US Media Operations platform
- Ability to architect cloud based application server solutions designed for high availability
- AWS knowledge and experience, specifically EMR, IAM, EC2, S3, RDBS, Lambda, Terraform cloud formation, autoscaling.
- Experience working with Postgres- required, SQL Server, mongoDB.
- Expertise in server platform sizing, troubleshooting, tuning & disaster recovery.
- Prefer experience in web development, including backend web services
- Preferred experience with Alteryx, Tableau software with understanding of server architecture and administration
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities.