Division of Criminal Justice
Medicaid Fraud Control Unit – NYC
Reference No. MFCU_NYC_FAA_6149
Application Deadline is June 25, 2021
The New York State Office of the Attorney General’s (OAG) Medicaid Fraud Control Unit is seeking forensic accountants/auditors (FAA) for its New York City office. The FAA supports the Unit by working in partnership with its attorneys, investigators, data analysts, nurses, and legal support analysts to conduct complex, long-term healthcare fraud investigations. Utilizing various state laws, including the New York State Penal Law, the False Claims Act, Social Services Law §145-b, and the Executive Law, the Unit, supported by the work of its forensic accountants/auditors, brings civil causes of action or secures criminal indictments to protect the integrity of the State Medicaid program and to protect the health and well-being of residents of residential care facilities. Many of these actions are conducted in coordination with other state, federal or local government and prosecutorial agencies, and have resulted in large-scale financial recoveries on behalf of the State of New York, as well as the arrest and prosecution of various wrongdoers.
Candidates for the entry-level position of FAA must possess:
· A minimum of a four-year college degree, either specifically in finance, accounting, economics, computer science with data analysis, applied statistics, or equivalent post-college work experience.
· Excellent analytical, communication, and organizational skills.
· The ability to function as an integral part of an investigative team and work in a group setting.
· Knowledge of fundamental computer applications, such as Word, Excel and Access.
· Proficiency with presentation software, such as PowerPoint.
Preferred skills for the position include:
· The ability to review financial records and advise or assist in the investigation of alleged fraud.
· Designation as a Certified Fraud Examiner.
· Experience with statistical sampling and/or advanced statistical training.
· Knowledge of the healthcare industry and medical coding concepts (CPT, ICD-9 / 10, DRGs) and/or experience analyzing health care claims data.
· A CPA is not required for this position.
The annual salary for this position is $60,669 + $3026 in location pay. We offer a comprehensive New York State benefits package, including paid leave, health, dental, vision and retirement benefits, and family-friendly policies. As an employee of the OAG, you will join a team of dedicated individuals who work to serve the people of our State.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are being received online. To apply, please visit our careers website: http://www.ag.ny.gov/job-postings.
To ensure consideration, applications must be received by close of business on Friday, March 19.
Applicants must be prepared to submit a complete application consisting of the following:
· Cover Letter (You may address to Legal Recruitment);
· Unofficial college transcript;
· Writing Sample; and a
· List of three (3) professional or academic references with contact information and email addresses.
Please note: Failure to submit a complete application will delay the consideration of your application.
If you have questions regarding a position with the OAG s or you need assistance with submitting your application, please contact the Legal Recruitment via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 212-416-8080.
For more information about the OAG, please visit our website: www.ag.ny.gov