Position: Clinical Data Operator 4
Location: San Carlos
Job Id: 6235
# of Openings: 1
Works closely with the Supervisor and ensure department expectations are met as well as maintain compliance. Handles all case escalations.
• Work in conjunction with the Manager and Supervisor on SPI root cause issues and log all pertinent data for resolution
• Assist in updating departmental standard operating procedures to accurately reflect the current practices
• Oversee distribution of work to the team by the Runners from the start of the day to end of day
• Coordinate workflow for the Clinical Data Operators as well as the Tier 2/QC Team to ensure deadlines are met
• Administer the training for all products
• Communicate with other teams regarding case escalations (Customer Care/Support, Billing, Reporting, etc.)
• Provide timely notification of process updates to the team via email (e.g. Action Items) or during weekly team meetings or daily announcements
• Maintain and update daily/monthly gdocs utilized by the team
• Add clinic-specific special instructions when needed
• Ensures team has daily supplies to complete work
• Responsible for handling and cleaning of samples that arrive compromised by applying universal precautions to prevent contact with blood or other potentially infectious materials
• Assist Runners when needed (sort & distribute packages, empty CDO bins, place full carts outside of lab to be emptied, empty Biohaz cans)
• Maintain tidiness of lab (workstations, Runner, printer, scanning areas, and sample drop off benches)
• This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and have an access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job
• Employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies and Procedure Compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire.
• Must maintain a current status on Natera training requirements.
• Employee must pass post offer criminal background check.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• BS/BA degree (preferred)
• High School Diploma (or equivalent) required
• 3+ years of industry related experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Previous data entry or file clerk experience is preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required
• Previous computer experience is required – Excel, Word.
• Excellent attention to detail
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Duties typically performed in BSL-2 lab
• Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary
• Duties may require working weekends and overtime
Driven by the passion for elevating the science and utility of genetic testing, Natera is committed to helping families identify and manage genetic diseases. Natera is a rapidly-growing diagnostics company with proprietary bioinformatics and molecular technology for analyzing DNA. Our complex technology has been proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing space and we are actively researching its applications in the liquid biopsy space for developing products with oncology applications.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you’ll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you’ll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits. Healthy catered lunches, Premium snacks and beverages, Onsite gym with cardio and weight-training equipment, Game room with satellite TV, Onsite dry cleaning and alteration service with pick-up and delivery, Employee-organized sport leagues, Happy hours and BBQs, Generous Employee Referral program.
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.