NASA internships and fellowships leverage NASA’s unique missions and programs to enhance and increase the capability, diversity and size of the nation’s future science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) workforce. Internships are available from high school to graduate level. Internships provide students with the opportunity to participate in either research or other experiential learning, under the guidance of a mentor at NASA.
TOP FIVE THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT NASA INTERNSHIPS
- NASA INTERNS CONTRIBUTE TO NASA MISSIONS! Interns are integrated in NASA teams and assigned to authentic projects.
- PRIOR EXPERIENCE IS NOT REQUIRED! Although prior experience can be valuable and may be preferred for some projects, it is not a requirement for NASA internships.
- MOST INTERNS RECEIVE A STIPEND AWARD! The stipend award amount is based on student’s academic level and the length of internship.
- NASA INTERN PROJECTS ARE AVAILABLE IN THREE SESSIONS. Interns are selected and placed in projects for fall, spring and summer sessions at any NASA location.
- ONE APPLICATION CAN BE VIEWED AGENCYWIDE. Students complete one application that is viewed by mentors agency-wide.
- U.S. Citizen
- Cumulative 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- Full-time students (high school through graduate)
- Enrollment in a degree granting institution
- 16 years of age at the time of application (no exceptions)
Ready to Explore the Extraordinary?
Your application can be submitted or updated at any time. Need to update your availability for a session? Be sure to NOTE THE DEADLINES for upcoming sessions to make sure you update on time.
Fall 2021 Application Deadline: July 9, 2021!