Do you have a passion for raising awareness of mental health? Are you someone who wants to be part of a national movement to support people with mental illness, provide education and resources, and eliminate stigma everywhere? Join our team as a virtual Development & Marketing Intern and put your creative skills to work. Assist in multiple areas of NAMI Greater Cleveland’s fundraising and marketing initiatives while exercising your multitasking abilities as you assist with the development of content and event planning. Build skills to strengthen your chances of finding employment upon graduation. We are looking for a creative person who is passionate about mental health advocacy and eager to make a difference in the lives of people affected by mental illness.
- Help develop content and graphics to be shared on NAMI Greater Cleveland’s social media sites: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn
- Provide assistance writing and editing articles for quarterly newsletter, monthly e-newsletter and 2020 Annual Report
- Research and solicit businesses for sponsorships through phone calls, letters, and virtual meetings for NAMIWalks 2021
- Assist with general aspects of organizing virtual Annual Meeting & Awards Ceremony and NAMIWalks 2021.
- Meet weekly with Special Events and Development Coordinator and contribute to event planning and social media program planning
- Perform other duties as requested by Special Events & Development Coordinator to ensure all necessary tasks are performed in a proficient manner that adheres to the quality expected from NAMI Greater Cleveland
Skills & Qualifications
- Undergraduate enrolled in an accredited college or university with a focus in psychology, business management, social work, sociology, communications, non-profit, social services or related field
- Proficient in a variety of computer skills such as Microsoft Office Suites, Constant Contact and various social media sites; knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop is a plus
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with a good work ethic
- Interest in non-profit mental health
- This may vary depending on the needs of NAMI GC and the needs/ qualifications that your school recommends.
- This is an unpaid position. There is opportunity for school credit if allowed by the college/university of applicant. Position offers an excellent opportunity to work on substantive projects and can result in a great reference
To apply, please e‐mail a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to the Volunteer & Intern Coordinator, Melissa Cocchi at firstname.lastname@example.org , with a Re: line of “Development & Marketing Intern.”