- Recruiting and consenting eligible participants for chemoprevention studies. The candidate would be working with Drs. Coghill and Gillis.
- Collection of data and questionnaires from patients and maintaining accurate and complete research documentation
- Recruitment of patients in a clinical setting, gaining experience about chemoprevention and clinical trials
- Communicate regularly with the Research Project Manager and/or Principal Investigator about study-related issues
The Ideal Candidate:
- A professional, personable, organized individual with research experience and healthcare/medical knowledge
- Demonstrates skills in working effectively with a team, setting appropriate goals and attaining positive results
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to foster a cooperative work environment and develop positive and effective working relationships
- Demonstrates professional maturity, a consistently positive attitude, and an energetic, can-do work approach
- Independent and self-motivated worker, able to be effective with limited supervision
- Ability to be flexible, balancing multiple priorities, deadlines, and competing interests
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proactive and solution-oriented workstyle preferred
- Critical thinking and intellectual problem solving skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
- Demonstrates ability to assess priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality
- Skills in organization, manuscript writing, and literature review
- Experience or education in biological, basic, behavioral or social science, or a related field.
- Provide general research support to Principal Investigator
- Identify, recruit, and enroll participants
- Collect, enter, and manage data in multiple databases (e.g., Excel, Access, Oncore, Redcap, etc.), ensuring data integrity and fidelity
- Perform quality assurance and quality control data checks
- Document protocol exemptions and deviations, as appropriate
- Assist with report preparation, manuscripts and conference abstracts/posters
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Associate degree required with 2 years of relevant experience OR Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Hands on research experience preferred.
- Experience with the use of basic office equipment.
- Experience working with computers and MS Office software environment.