We are looking for an experienced mobile/web technology programming intern to support the design of the technology for the Yiya AirScience program. Tech tools will include: USSD, dashboard, robo call system and an IVR.
The fellow will be specifically responsible for achieving the following main objectives:
1. USSD programming 40%
2. Dashboard development 30%
3. Robo calls SMS and IVR 30%
A good candidate should have expertise in
2. CSS framework
3. PHP and MySQL
Work will include but not limited to:
- Track any bugs in the system as we launch and resolve
- Continue to build and maintain the MixPanel dashboard to track engagement.
- Maintain the back end programming of the content on GitHub.
Start date: ASAP
Internship length: Remote summer internship, with the flexibility to extend
Company location: Kompala, Uganda (position is remote)
Yiya AirScience is an interactive STEM remote learning experience designed for rural populations that have no access to the internet, smartphones, or academic materials. Instead, Yiya AirScience uses only technologies that are readily available in all communities of rural Africa: simple keypad phones and radios.