Midwest Young Artists Conservatory (MYAC) is seeking a highly organized administrator who is passionate about music education to join our team as Development Assistant. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to support and creatively advance a growing development program with a dedicated base of constituents and supporters. MYAC is located in Highwood, IL, and is a short walk from the Fort Sheridan Metra UP-N line station, about an hour north of the Chicago loop in a happening suburb with housing for young professionals.
This position is ideal for an entry-level person who wants to work in the development field in a non-profit, mission driven organization focused on youth music.
· MAIN RESPONSIBILITY: Manage donor database, gift acknowledgement and stewardship process.
· Assist Board Development Committee with annual fundraising gala
· Create monthly development reports and reconcile data with QuickBooks accounting program.
· Help plan and coordinate donor appreciation events including invitations and follow-up details including managing volunteers.
· Help with donor prospect research to identify prospective major donors.
· Schedule appointments with donors.
· Contribute to donor-focused communications that engage and inspire supporters, demonstrate impact, and make a compelling case for support.
· Assist and collaborate with marketing and program staff as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· 1-2 years’ experience in nonprofit development and strong knowledge of current development best practices a plus.
· Self-starter with strong initiative, creativity, enthusiasm, focus, and attention to detail.
· Ability to prioritize, juggle multiple tasks, and be independently efficient and productive.
· Excellent interpersonal skills; must be adept at working collaboratively with staff, board members, donors, and volunteers.
· Experience with donor/constituent Salesforce experience is a plus.
· Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office required.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
· A/V, Intermediate to advanced social media skills and/or website content management a plus.