Through this position, the Coordinator will:
1) Establish and maintain contact and good working relationships with all community partners.
2) Oversee (with assistance from previous leaders) our primary community programs, Trinity Reads (reading program for six local elementary schools, serving hundreds of children in Kindergarten through second grades and providing each student with books of their own) and Trinity Feeds (community food bank);
3) Oversee (with assistance from previous leaders) other programs throughout the year, including our partnership with Miller Park Elementary School, Blessing of the Animals, God’s Work-Our Hands Day, the annual Halloween event, and others as they arise or are determined by the Coordinator and supervisor.
4) Create and participate in opportunities for the community to gather to determine the current needs and desires of the community (community development).
5) Keep Trinity-North Omaha informed of the various ways in which church members can serve, particularly through volunteering and contributing to existing and newly-created outreach programs.