Assistant/Care-Giver (Live-Out) Full Time
Looking for a rewarding work experience where you can share your talents with people with and without intellectual disabilities? Do you like to learn new things? Would you like to grow personally and professionally as you help to foster a community of people who celebrate the unique value of every person? Then this may be the job for you!
• GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES (Training is provided):
• Work cooperatively with Core Members (adults with intellectual disabilities) and other L’Arche Assistants to create community and support the growth and well-being of each member of the home
• Assist our core members with basic needs: hygiene, health, finances, recreation, personal and spiritual growth
• Share household responsibilities including cooking, maintenance of house and yard, upkeep of community vehicles, transportation for core members, record keeping
• Help plan celebrations, leisure activities, trips, prayer, community nights, retreats, one-on-one outings with core members
• Welcome guests and visitors into the home
• Attend monthly community night and regularly scheduled meetings
• Develop supportive relationships with friends and families of core members and professional human service workers (caseworkers, health care providers, etc.)
• At least 21 years old
• Valid driver’s license
• Background Checks
• Make a minimum year-long commitment
Job Type: Full Time or Part Time
Pay: $9.00 – $14.00 per hour
Compensation package includes full health, dental, & life insurance
Submit resume through our website.
Will have to wear a mask during work hours around residents.