Candidates must be accepted into one of the Graduate Programs here at Lander University prior to beginning the position.
Compensation: Selected candidate will receive a 50% tuition and fee waiver as well as a $3000 stipend per semester. Note that if the GA position does not relate directly to their graduate studies the student will be taxed on the stipend and tuition benefits. Graduate Assistants work approximately 20 hours per week during the school year. Graduate Assistantships may be renewed for one additional year.
- Conduct conferences with graduate students to help improve their writing skills
- Instruct students on the variety of services offered by the Writing Center
- Help students schedule and utilize the appointment schedule software
- Assist director in complete reports of resource usage
- Assist in promotion of the Writing Center by hosting workshops and marketing
- Attend and frequently staff training sessions
- Mentor undergraduate staff
- Assist in interviewing and training undergraduate tutors
- Assist in operations evaluation and assessment
- Complete other duties assigned by the director