Candidates must be accepted into one of the Graduate Programs here at Lander University prior to beginning the position.
Compensation: Selected candidate will receive a 50% tuition and fee waiver as well as a $3000 stipend per semester. Note that if the GA position does not relate directly to their graduate studies the student will be taxed on the stipend and tuition benefits. Graduate Assistants work approximately 20 hours per week during the school year. Graduate Assistantships may be renewed for one additional year.
- Grow social media platforms as well as fan base both on and off line.
- Develop and execute creative and innovative marketing and promotional campaigns to increase attendance and community engagement
- Assist Coaching Staff with video content for practices, game preparation and recruiting
- Handle team travel arrangements, such as hotels, rental cars, and team meals.
- Oversee equipment and nutritional distribution to team. Assist head coach in ordering and restocking.
- Develop, grow and maintain Alumni relations for Women’s Basketball.
- Assist coaching staff with recruiting, by filtering incoming videos of potential student athletes, promotions through social media and create graphics as needed for recruiting purposes.
- Point of contact for opposing teams traveling to Lander. Work with athletic and facility staff at Lander to coordinate their facility and game management needs.